6. Haus Grenadiers
Origin and History
This grenadier battalion was formed in 1763 from the second battalion of the Leibgrenadierregiment. It was designated as the Hausgrenadierbataillon.
During the Seven Years' War, the battalion was commanded by:
- 1763: colonel Maximilian von Harnach
- 1765: colonel Georg Benjamin von Holle
The battalion was disbanded in 1767.
Service during the War
The regiment did not see active service during the Seven Years War.
|Coat||dark blue in Prussian cut with 2 yellow buttons and 2 white buttonholes with tassels under the lapel
|Gaiters||white (black during campaigns)|
Troopers were armed with a musket and a sabre.
Stadlinger, L., J. von, Geschichte des Württembergischen Kriegswesens – von der frühesten bis zur neuesten Zeit, Stuttgart, 1856
Zahn, Michael, Die Herzoglich Württembergische Armee im Siebenjährigen Krieg, Manuskript, Stuttgart: January 2008