Origin and History
The ship was built by Salinoc in 1750 in Brest and launched in 1752.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- in 1755: M. de Caumont
The ship was striken off of the fleet in 1766.
Service during the War
In 1755, the ship took part to the expedition to reinforce Canada. For this campaign, she was armed as a "flute", her armament being reduced to 22 guns. She transported 9 companies of Languedoc Infanterie.
On September 10 1759, the ship took part in the battle of Pondicherry.
|Length||150 feet (45.72 m)|
|Width||40.8 feet (12.44 m)|
|Depth||20 feet (6.10 m)|
Deschênes, Ronald, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar
N.B.: the section Service during the War is mostly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.