Andlau Infantry

From Project Seven Years War
Revision as of 04:59, 30 November 2017 by Fred59 (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Hierarchical Path: Seven Years War (Main Page) >> Armies >> Austrian Army >> Andlau Infantry

Origin and History

The regiment was raised in 1689, at the beginning of the Nine Years' War (1688-1697), by Duke Albrecht III von Sachsen-Coburg. It initially consisted of 10 companies for a total of 1,500 men, including staff. In June, the newly raised regiment took part in the siege of Koblenz which fell on September 11. The regiment was not yet at its full theoretical strength, counting only 5 companies. It took it winter-quarters in Swabia. At the end of July 1690, it was sent from Heilbronn to Italy by Beilstein, Schorndorf, Adelberg, Geppingen, Blaubeuern on the Danube, then by Memmingen,, Kempten and Reutte in Tyrol. It reached Piémont in September. By May 23 1691, the regiment counted 700 men. In July, it had been increased to 958 men and was serving under General Palffy in the region of Pignerol. Three additional companies (274 men) soon arrived from Germany. In September, the regiment took part in the siege of Carmagnola which surrendered on October 8. In 1692, Palffy's Corps remained in Piémont. However, it is also possible that some companies had taken part in the campaign in Dauphiné. In 1693, the regiment defended Fort Brigitta. In July 1694, the regiment, who now counted 16 companies, operated in the region of Moncalieri and Rivalta, then in the area of Scalenghe and Araisca. In 1695, it was brought back to its theoretical strength of 1,500 men. It took part in the siege of Casale before being transferred to Catalonia in July. By May 1696, the regiment was encamped near Barcelona. On May 30, it fought in the engagement of Massanet de la Selva before retiring to its camp near Barcelona. In 1697, it took part in the defence of Barcelona which surrendered on August 10. It left the city with the honour of war and joined the Spanish army near Tarragona.

By 1698, the regiment consisted of 12 companies and totalled 1,800 men. On August 7 1699, General Karl Sebastian von Kratze became Inhaber of the regiment.

During the War of the Spanish Succession, in July 1702, the regiment joined Arco's Corps and, on October 14, took part in the engagement of Friedlingen. It then assumed garrison duty in Alt-Breisach. From August 22 1704, the regiment (14 companies) took part in the defence of Alt Breisach which surrendered on September 6. The garrison was allowed to leave. By September 15, the regiment had reached Rheinfelden. In August 1704, the regiment received recruits from Bavaria which brought its strength to 17 companies in 4 battalions. On October 20, Philipp Damian Baron von Sickhingen became Inhaber of the regiment. In 1705, the regiment initially garrisoned places in Bavaria (Braunau, Schärding, Munich) before being transferred to Hungary to quench the Rákóczi Uprising.

From 1706, the regiment served in Hungary against Rákóczi. At the beginning of 1707, it operated in the region between Lack and Sarvar. At the end of May, it was with Field-marshal Starhemberg at Pressburg (present-day Bratislava). On August 3 1708, Rákóczi's Confederate force was decisively defeated in the battle of Trentschin (present-day Trenčín). The regiment (about 2,180 men in 16 fusilier coys and 1 grenadier coy) took its winter-quarters near Silein in the Comitat of Trentschin. On January 22 1710, it fought in the engagement of Romchany. It then took part in the siege of Neuhäusel which surrendered on September 25. A detachment of the regiment then blockaded the Castle of Murany. On February 21 1711, Rákóczi took refuge in Poland. The same year, the regiment was initially posted at Debreczin (present-day Debrecen). It then moved to N. Kalo, Szoboslo and Kaschau (present-day Košice) before being sent to Transylvania.

In 1712 and 1713, the regiment remained in Hungary and Transylvania. On November 26 1713, Johann Hannibal Baron von Wellenstein became Inhaber of the regiment. On November 16 1715, Georg Browne Baron de Camus succeeded Wellenstein at the head of the regiment. The same year, the regiment contributed two companies for the creation of the new Wallis Regiment.

During the War with Turkey (1716-1718), a battalion of the regiment initially joined the Austrian Main Army in 1716 while the other battalion remained in Transylvania. Soon, the latter battalion joined the main army. On September 25, the regiment took part in the storming of Palanca, where its Inhaber was wounded, and Temeswar (present-day Timişoara), suffering heavy losses. From July 16 to August 17 1717, the regiment (3 battalions and 2 grenadier companies) took part in the siege and capture of Belgrade. On August 16, two battalions took part in the successful attack on the Turkish camp. One battalion assumed garrison duty in Belgrade. On July 21 1718, the Peace of Passarowitz put an end to the conflict. The same month, the regiment was ordered to march to Italy.

In 1719, the regiment (2,299 men) was stationed in Lombardy, including 499 men in the Castle of Milan. In September, to the exception of the companies garrisoning the castle, the regiment was sent to Sicily to relieve Messina besieged by the Spaniards, disembarking there on October 20. By January 1720, the regiment was in the camp of Trapani. On May 2, it took part in the storming of the last redoubt of Palermo. In August, the regiment sailed back to Italy, landing in Tuscany before returning to Milan, Cremona and Mantua.

From 1721 to 1725, the regiment was stationed in Lodi. In 1726, it was was transferred to Como. In 1729, at Browne's death, Patrick Baron O'Neilan assumed command of the regiment. In May 1730, a battalion of the regiment was sent to Pizzighetone to join an Austrian force while the two remaining battalions were stationed in Cremona. On January 15 1731, O'Neilan officially became Inhaber of the regiment. In August, one battalion joined the Austrian force who sailed from Genoa for Corsica. At the end of June 1732, this battalion returned to Genoa

During the War of the Polish Succession, at the end of October 1733, the regiment was sent from Pavia to Mantua. In 1734, two battalions were left in Mantua as garrison and 1 battalion joined the field army. On June 29, two battalions were at the defeat of San Pietro where they lost 214 men killed and 232 wounded. By July 19, these two battalions totalled only 1,245 men. On September 19, the two battalions took part in the battle of Guastalla where they lost 56 men killed and 115 wounded. After this defeat, the Austrian army retired to the Po where it took its winter-quarters. On October 11, Adam Sigmund Baron von Thüngen became Inhaber of the regiment. At the beginning of the campaign of 1735, the two battalions operating with the field army counted a total of only 509 men. On May 29, 180 men of the regiment defended the Castle of Gonzaga which was attacked by a Franco-Spanish force. The two battalions took their winter-quarters in Ferrara.

At the beginning of the Austro-Turkish War, in 1737, the regiment was attached to Hildburghausen's Corps assembling at Czernek. This corps entered in Bosnia. On August 4, the regiment was at the defeat of Banja Luka where it lost 3 men killed and 6 wounded. On August 13, the regiment who had retreated to Gradiska with Browne's Corps counted only 732 men fit for duty (562 unfit). It took its winter-quarters in various locations: Wieselburg, Raab, Komorn, Ofen, Szolnok and Szigeth. In May 1738, two battalions of the regiment assembled at the camp of Semlin while the third battalion remained in Belgrade. In June, the two battalions serving with the field army were at Karansebes; on July 1 in Fönisch. On July 14, they took part in an engagement near Mehadia where they lost 11 men. By August 13, they were in the camp of Kubin and on August 19 near Semendria. Two battalions took their winter-quarters in Belgrade while the other was stationed in the District of Ödenburg. In 1739, the regiment received 350 recruits. Once more, two battalions joined the field army and the third remained in Belgrade. By June 28, the two battalions operating with the field army totalled 873 fusiliers and 172 grenadiers. On July 22, these battalions took part in the battle of Grocka where the Austrians were decisively defeated. They lost 72 men killed and 153 wounded. On July 30, in another engagement near Panczowa, these battalions lost 52 more men. Meanwhile, the third battalion left in Belgrade assumed the defence of the St. Stephan bastion till the surrender of the city in September. Finally the 3 battalions took their winter-quarters in the region of Temesvar.

At the outbreak of the War of the Austrian Succession, in 1740, the regiment was still stationed in Hungary. By February 1741, 2 battalions and 2 grenadier companies of the regiment were redirected towards Olmütz (present-day Olomouc) in Moravia as part of Neipperg's Corps. Then in March, it marched towards Silesia. On April 10, 1 battalion took part in the battle of Mollwitz, suffering very heavy losses (130 men killed and 69 wounded). By May 25, it was at the camp of Bielau. In July, the regiment received 555 recruits from Moravia, allowing it to field 2 battalions again. In October, Neipperg retired to Olmütz. By December 3, the regiment served in Lobkowitz's Corps in the camp of Radmannsdorf. By April 8 1742, the regiment served with Prince Charles and was quartered in Zuckerhandel near Znaim. On April 19, it encamped at Prosnitz with the main army. On May 17, it took part in the battle of Chotusitz where it lost 14 men wounded and 74 missing. Now back to a strenght of 3 battalions, it took part in the siege of Prague, losing 7 men killed, 50 wounded and 12 missing during the French sortie on August 19. On November 19, the regiment followed the army in its retreat towards Passau, taking its winter-quarters as garrison in this town. In May 1743, 1 battalion was stationed near Altheim near Braunau; 1 battalion in Schärding; and another in Passau. On July 4, the battalion located at Schärding moved to Braunau. One battalion followed Prince Charles in his campaign on the Rhine, standing between Alt-Brisach and Freiburg in August while the other was sent back to Moravia. In May 1744, a battalion was at Schrök and Weissenau on the Rhine. At the end of the year, the entire regiment was posted in Moravia, on the Silesian border. On May 22 1745, the battalion left behind in Moravia took part in the combat of Jägerndorf where it lost 64 men. On June 4 in Silesia, two battalions of the regiment took part in the battle of Hohenfriedberg. Its Inhaber, Thüngen, was killed during the battle and the regiment lost 208 men killed and 581 wounded. On June 27, Franz Joseph Baron Andlau succeeded to Thüngen at the head of the regiment. Prince Charles then retired to Bohemia. On September 30, the two battalions with Prince Charles fought in the battle of Soor where they lost 70 men killed and 68 wounded. In January 1746, the regiment marched from Bohemia by Moravia, Vienna, Bruck an der Mur, Klagenfurt near Linz, towards Italy where it joined the army of FZM Browne. On April 20, the third battalion occupied Parma. On June 16, the regiment took part in the battle of Piacenza. On July 24, it was in the camp of San Christina. On September 5, it was at the capture of Genoa and then took part in the invasion of Provence. In 1747, 2 battalions took their winter-quarters in the Duchy of Parma, and 1 near Genoa. At the end of the war, the regiment marched to the Duchy of Milan. It now consisted of 4 battalions, 2 of which being stationed in Gallarate and 2 in the Castle of Milan.

From 1749 to 1751, the regiment was stationed in Pavia. In 1752, it was transferred to Mantua and Pozzolo where it remained till 1755.

As per the Etat nouveau des Troupes de sa Majesté Impériale Royale comme elles se trouvent effectivement l'an 1759 and Etat général des Troupes qui servent sa Majesté Impériale et Royale Apostolique sur pié en 1760, the regiment counted 4 battalions (2 grenadier coys and 16 fusilier coys) for a total of 2,300 men. This was the administrative organisation of the regiment. However, the tactical organisation differed: 2 field fusilier battalions, each of 6 companies; 2 grenadier companies (usually converged with grenadiers from other battalions into an ad hoc unit); and 1 garrison battalion of 4 companies (see Austrian Line Infantry Organisation for more details).

During the Seven Years' War, the chef of the regiment was:

  • since June 27 1745 till 1769: Franz Joseph Baron Andlau

During the Seven Years' War, its colonel-commander was:

  • at the beginning of the war: Colonel Chevalier de Perelli
  • from July 19 1757 (official appointment towards the end of 1758): Colonel Heinrich von Rath

After the Seven Years' War, the regiment was sent to Carinthia, establishing its headquarters at Klagenfurt.

Regimental numbers were introduced only in 1769 when this regiment was designated as "I.R. 57".

Service during the War

On May 11 1756, the regiment marched from Mantua to Cremona. In September, it received instruction to assemble a battalion (6 fusilier coys of 116 men each, and 2 grenadier coys of 100 men each) from its existing battalions to march to Germany under Colonel B. Buttler and Major von Rath while Lieutenant-colonel Perelli remained in Cremona with the other battalions. By October 20, the battalion sent to Germany had reached Botzen in Tyrol. In late Autumn, it finally reached Bohemia where it took its winter-quarters in Tabor.

At the beginning of 1757, two battalions of the regiment were still assuming garrison duty in Lombady under Perelli. A detachment occupied the Castle of Milan. Meanwhile the first battalion (20 officers, 33 NCO, 25 musicians and carpenters, 645 privates) with 2 grenadier companies (6 officers, 9 NCO, 10 musicians and carpenters, 163 grenadiers) was attached to Rath's Corps in Bohemia. In April, this battalion was stationed in Gabel in FML Macquire's Division. On May 3, it was in the camp of Prague. However, it did not take part in the battle of Prague, being stationed inside the walls in the old town. On June 2, its 2 grenadier companies took part in a sortie. During the siege of Prague, the battalion lost 25 men. By June 24, it was encamped at Kolodiey. On July 21, it was at Gabel as part of Wied-Runkel's detachment. At the beginning of September, this battalion was attached to the corps of General Nádasdy. On September 7, this corps attacked an isolated Prussian Corps commanded by Winterfeldt and defeated it at the combat of Moys. During this combat, the battalion was deployed in the third line of the infantry left division under the command of Lieutenant-general Clerici. It lost 77 men in the engagement and then counted only 713 men. Shortly after, the battalion was transferred to the Main Army. On November 22, this battalion also took part in the battle of Breslau where it was part of the Reserve Corps in Baron Otterwolf's Brigade. It lost only 6 men in this battle. On December 5 at the battle of Leuthen, the battalion was deployed in the second line of the far right Reserve under Major-general von Luzinsky. It lost about 400 men in this disastrous battle. By December 20, the battalion counted only 258 men. It finally took its winter-quarters at Hohenelbe (present-day Vrchlabí), in the vicinity of Königgrätz.

At the beginning of 1758, 12 companies were still garrisoning the Castle of Milan while the 8 companies attached to the field army were stationed in Hohenelbe. On March 31, this battalion was ordered to march from Hohenelbe to Adlerkosteletz (present-day Kostelec nad Orlicí). On May 5, the battalion was instructed to march to Holitz (present-day Holice v Čechách) and Tribau to prevent a potential Prussian invasion of Moravia. On May 8, the battalion join the Austrian Main Army at Leuthomischl (present-day Litomyšl) where it was attached to the Reserve. The battalion was so weak that it was temporarily converged with elements of other regiments into a single battalion. On May 12, the arrival of recruits from Austrian territories, as well as of deserters who had been forcibly incorporated into the Prussian army, made it possible to re-establish the battalion as an independent unit. On May 23, the battalion marched to Zwittau (present-day Svitavy). On May 29, it advanced to Gewitsch (present-day Jevíčko). On June 8, the regiment was encamped at Hohenmauth (probably Vysoké Mýto). On June 16, the battalion received 243 recruits from Carniola. On June 19, it was transferred to Loudon's Corps who had been charged to intercept a convoy destined to the Prussian army who was proceeding to the siege of Olmütz. On June 28, Loudon located the convoy and on June 30 attacked it in the the pass of Domstadtl (present-day Domašov) and captured most of it. On July 4, the battalion was recalled to the Austrian Main Army. By August 2, this battalion was serving in the second line of the Austrian Main Army under the command of Daun near Jermeritz (present-day Jaromer). Daun was following up the Prussian army retiring through Bohemia after the failure of the invasion of Moravia. On August 10, Daun finally decided to launch an offensive in Saxony. He quit his camp near Smirzitz (present-day Smiřice) and marched towards Zittau, by Gitschin (present-day Jičín), Turnau (present-day Turnov), Reichenberg (present-day Liberec), reaching Zittau on August 17. On August 20, the Austrian Main Army marched from Zittau to Görlitz. He then marched on Dresden by Reichenbach, Bautzen and Königsbrück, arriving at Radeberg, north of Dresden, on September 1. On September 5, the battalion returned to Stolpen. On October 10, this battalion took part in the battle of Hochkirch where it was deployed in Colloredo's column to the southeast of Lauske. The battalion lost only 8 men in this battle. However, its grenadiers suffered more heavily, lossing 11 men killed and 30 wounded. When Rath was promoted colonel of the regiment, Captain Gottlieb von Gillich was promoted lieutenant-colonel. Furthermore, Captain Ludwig B. Terzi was promoted major and Lieutenant Br. Monfrault to captain for their behaviour in the last battle. In November, the battalion took part in the siege and blockade of Dresden. It retired with the Austrian Main Army towards Bohemia. By November 20 it was at the camp of Gieshübel and took its winter-quarters near Zuckmantel.

At the beginning of 1759, two battalions garrinoned the Castle of Milan, while 1 field battalion along with 2 grenadier companies served in Bohemia under d'Ursel. At the end of February, the first battalion received recruits, some of them being supernumeraries destined to the second battalion who had left Italy to join it. In March, the first battalion was sent towards the frontier with Saxony, in the area of Brüx (present-day Most) to prevent raids by the Prussians. Meanwhile, the second battalion left in Italy was ordered to march to Bohemia to join the main army and the third went to garrison Como. On April 14, some Prussian hussars showed up at Marienberg, not far from the pass of Passberg where General Reinhard was posted with a detachment (I./Andlau Infantry, 1 battalion of Königsegg Infantry, about 1,000 grenzers and 60 hussars for a total of about 4,100 men). On April 15, Hülsen's column surrounded and attacked Rheinhard's detachment. Reinhard was captured along with 51 officers and 2,000 men with 3 colours, 2 standards and 3 guns; I/.Andlau lone lost 703 men (4 officers, 39 NCO, 15 musicians and 641 fusiliers) taken prisoners. Its 2 grenadier companies were not present at this action. The remnants of Reinhard's force, including 200 men from I./Andlau Infantry retired to Trautenau (present-day Trutnov) where they joined Loudon. On April 28, I./Andlau Infantry joined the Austrian Main Army near Münchengrätz (present-day Mnichovo Hradište). The second battalion finally arrived from Italy and joined the remnants of the first in this camp. On May 1, the army took position between Jermer (present-day Jaroměř) and Schurz (actual Žireč). On August 15, the regiment received recruits which allowed it to bring its two battalions to full strength. By mid-August, during the Austro-Imperial campaign in Saxony, 1 battalion of the regiment was attached to Hadik's corps. On September 21, this battalion probably took part in the combat of Korbitz where it was deployed on the right wing of Hadik's Corps. By October 4, the second battalion was attached to Gemmingen's Corps. On November 20, 1 battalion of the regiment took part in the battle of Maxen where it was attached to Brentano's corps initially posted at Röhrsdorf, 5 km north of Maxen. In December, the second battalion was with Hadik.

In 1760, the third battalion remained at Como in Italy. It sent 52 grenadiers to reinforce the field battalions operating in Silesia. In early June, the 2 field battalions served under Field-marshal Ernst Gideon baron Loudon in Silesia. On June 23, the 2 field battalions took part in the battle of Landeshut where they were attached to Jahnus' corps. They lost only 12 men wounded. On July 26, the 2 field battalions took part in the storming of Glatz. Around 10:00 AM, they were the first Austrian units to enter the main fortress, losing 28 men killed and 38 wounded in this assault. On August 15, the 2 field battalions (about 1,300 men) took part in the battle of Liegnitz where they were deployed in the second line. They lost 321 men in this battle. By the end of August, these 2 battalions totalled only 757 men. On September 17, this battalion fought again at the combat of Hochgiersdorf. The regiment cantoned near Neisse for winter.

At the opening of the campaign of 1762, the 2 field battalions and the 2 grenadier companies served in Silesia under Loudon. From August to October, 208 men of the regiment took part in the defence of Schweidnitz. They became prisoners of war when the fortress surrendered on October 9. The remnants of the regiment took their winter-quarters in Starkstadt and Politz.


For the moment we have very few information on the uniform in 1756, at the outbreak of the war. Most of our references describe the uniform in 1762. However, Muhsfeldt, Wrede and Schirmer mention that, in 1756-57, the coat was white lined white (therefore white turnbacks), the distinctive colour was red and the waistcoat and breeches were white. Therefore, the uniform at the beginning of the war seems to have been almost identical to the uniform of 1762.


Uniform in 1762 - Source: Frédéric Aubert from a template made by Richard Couture.
Uniform in 1762
as per the Albertina Handschrift

completed with other sources where necessary
Musketeer black tricorne laced white; white strap with a yellow button; no pompom; a yellow within red tassel in each lateral corne
Grenadier bearskin with a scarlet red bag probably laced white and a white tassel
Neckstock one red and one black (for parades the regimental commanders agreed before on the colour of the neckstocks)
Coat white lined white with 3 yellow buttons under the right lapel and 1 yellow button in the small of the back on each side
Collar none
Shoulder Straps white edged scarlet red fastened by a yellow button (left shoulder only)
Lapels scarlet red lapels with 7 yellow buttons (1-3-3)
Pockets horizontal pockets, each with 3 yellow buttons
Cuffs scarlet red, each with 3 yellow buttons
Turnbacks white fastened with a white tab edged scarlet red and a small yellow button
Waistcoat white with 2 rows of small yellow buttons (3-3-3) and with horizontal pockets, each with 3 yellow buttons
Breeches white
Gaiters one pair of black (for winter) and one pair of white gaiters (for summer and parade)
Leather Equipment
Crossbelt white
Waistbelt white with a brass buckle
Cartridge Box black with a small brass plate carrying the initials “MT”
Bayonet Scabbard black with brass fittings
Scabbard black (grenadiers only)
Footgear black shoes

Troopers were armed with a musket (Model 1745 for fusiliers, Model 1754 for grenadiers). Grenadiers carried a sabre while fusiliers carried only a bayonet.

Other interpretations

The Bautzener Handschrift illustrates the following differences:

  • black tricorne laced white; a white within red pompom; no tassel in the lateral cornes
  • scarlet red tab to fasten the turnbacks

Donath illustrates the following differences:

  • plain white tab to fasten the turnbacks

Knötel illustrates the following differences:

  • no tassel at the tricorne


no information available yet


The officers wore the same uniform as the privates with the following exceptions:

  • tricorne lined gold with a white and green cockade
  • black neckstock
  • no turnbacks
  • yellow and black silk sash

Senior officers carried sticks identifying their rank:

  • lieutenant: bamboo stick without knob
  • captain: long rush stick with a bone knob
  • major: long rush stick with a silver knob and a small silver chain
  • lieutenant-colonel: long rush stick with a larger silver knob without chain
  • colonel: long rush stick with a golden knob


Until 1760, the musicians wore coats of reversed colours with white swallow nests and white turnbacks. From 1760, they wore uniforms identical to those of the privates with the following differences:

  • scarlet red swallow nests on the shoulders

The drum had a brass barrel decorated with black flames at the bottom and with a black double headed Eagle on a yellow field. Rims were decorated with red and white diagonal stripes. The bandolier was white.


All German infantry regiments carried identical colours: a white Leibfahne (colonel) and yellow Regimentsfahne. The hand painted colours were made of silk and measured Size 178 cm x 127 cm. The 260 cm long flagpoles had golden finial and were decorated with black and yellow spirals of cloth.

The colonel colour was carried by the first battalion.

Colonel flag (Leibfahne):

  • field: white
  • border: alternating white and yellow outer waved triangles pointing inwards, red and black inner waved triangles pointing outwards
  • obverse (right): the Immaculate Mother of God (which had been declared the patroness of the army by kaiser Ferdinand III) on a cloud, crushing a snake under her foot and surrounded by rays
  • reverse (left): crowned and armed Imperial double-eagle with the "Lothringen-Toscanian" arms on a shield and the initials of the Emperor CF (Corregens Franciscus) on the left wing and IM (Imperator Magnus) on the right
Leibfahne – Source: PMPDel

Regimental flags (Regimentsfahne):

  • field: yellow
  • border: alternating white and yellow outer waved triangles pointing inwards, red and black inner waved triangles pointing outwards
  • obverse (right): crowned and armed Imperial double-eagle with the "Lothringen-Toscanian" arms on a shield and the initials of the Emperor CF (Corregens Franciscus) on the left wing and IM (Imperator Magnus) on the right
  • reverse (left): unarmed and crowned Imperial double-eagle with the arms of Hungaria and Bohemia on a shield and the initials M on the left wing and T on the right
Regimentsfahne – Source: PMPDel

In fact, the situation on the field was slightly more complex than this, since colours were usually replaced only when worn out. It is fairly possible that some regiment who had been issued colours of the 1743 pattern were still carrying them at the beginning of the Seven Years' War. For more details, see Austrian Line Infantry Colours.


This article contains texts from the following sources, which are now in the public domain:

Other sources

Dihm, Dr. Hermann; Oesterreichische Standarten und Fahnen zur Zeit des 7 jährigen Krieges, Die Zinnfigur, Klio

Donath, Rudolf; Die Kaiserliche und Kaiserlich-Königliche Österreichische Armee 1618-1918, 2. Aufl., Simbach/Inn 1979

Etat nouveau des Troupes de sa Majesté Impériale Royale comme elles se trouvent effectivement l'an 1759

Etat général des Troupes qui servent sa Majesté Impériale et Royale Apostolique sur pié en 1760

Funcken, Liliane and Fred, Les uniformes de la guerre en dentelle

Gorani, Joseph: Mémoires, Paris: Gallimard, 1944, pp. 42-129

Hausmann, Friedrich, Die Feldzeichen der Truppen Maria Theresias, Schriften des Heeresgeschichtlichen Museums, vol. 3, Vienna: 1967

Knötel, Herbert d. J.; Brauer, Hans M.: Heer und Tradition / Heeres-Uniformbogen (so-called “Brauer-Bogen”), Berlin 1926-1962, Österreich-Ungarn – 1756-63

Muhsfeldt, Th.; Abzeichenfarben der K. und K. Regimenter zu Fuss im Jahre 1757 und früher, in Mitteilungen zur Geschichte des militärischen Tracht, No. 12, 1904

Pengel, R. D. and G.R. Hurt; Austro-Hungarian Infantry 1740-1762; On Military Matters; Birmingham, 1982

Schirmer, Friedrich, Die Heere der kriegführenden Staaten 1756-1763, hrsg. von der KLIO-Landesgruppe Baden-Württemberg, überarb. u. aktual. Neuauflage 1989

Seidel, Paul; Nochmals österreichische Standarten und Fahnen zur Zeit des 7 jährigen Krieges, Die Zinnfigur, Clio

Thümmler, L.-H., Die Österreichiches Armee im Siebenjährigen Krieg: Die Bautzener Bilderhandschrift aus dem Jahre 1762, Berlin 1993

N.B.: the section Service during the War is mostly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.


User:Zahn for gathering most of the information about this regiment