Origin and History
In 1746, the artillery of Brunswick counted 4 companies.
During the War of the Austrian Succession, one company was part of the contingent of Brunswick (4,800 men) subsidized by England.
The artillery was small and served only the battalion guns of the infantry. There was no heavy artillery with the Brunswick army during the Seven Years' War.
In 1757, it counted 3 companies with some 272 men, serving 14 pieces (6 x 3-pdr guns, 2 howitzers, 6 x 2-pdr guns)
In 1760 the unit was increased to 320 men.
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was commanded by:
- information not available yet
Service during the War
Fought as battalion guns along side the rest of the Brunswick infantry.
|Coat||dark blue with 6 brass buttons and 6 golden buttonholes with tassels
|Waistcoat||straw with brass buttons|
Officers wore uniforms similar to those of privates with the following distinctions:
- gold scalloped tricorne
- red waistcoat
- red breeches
- black boots
NCOs wore uniforms similar to those of privates with the following distinctions:
- gold edged tricorne
- gold laces on the cuffs and pockets
Ortenburg, Georg von, Braunschweigisches Militär, Elm Verlag, Cremlingen, 1987
Pengel & Hurt, German States in the Seven Years War 1740 to 1762, Imperial Press
Schirmer; Friedrich, Die Heere der kriegführenden Staaten 1756 - 1763. Edited and published by KLIO-Landesgruppe Baden-Württemberg e.V., Magstadt, 1989