Brunswick Garde du Corps
Origin and History
The regiment originated from the Leibgarde zu Roß which was transformed into a Garde du Corps after 1714.
At the beginning of the Seven Years' War, this unit consisted of 4 officers and 50 NCOs and privates.
In an additional company was raised.
After the Seven Years' War, the unit was reduced to a single company.
Service during the War
The regiment remained in the principality of Brunswick throughout the Seven Years' War.
|yellow with double laced silver buttonholes and silver buttons
|straw with silver buttons and silver buttonholes
Privates wore a black breastplate with gilt ornaments, and sky blue lining, bearing the duke's crowned golden monogram.
Officers wore a blue uniform edged silver and lined white with silver embroidered buttonholes; white cuffs with silver embroideries; black tricornes scalloped silver with a black cockade fastened with a silver strap.
Ortenburg, Georg von, Braunschweigisches Militär, Elm Verlag, Cremlingen, 1987
Schirmer; Friedrich, Die Heere der kriegführenden Staaten 1756 - 1763. Edited and published by KLIO-Landesgruppe Baden-Württemberg e.V., Magstadt, 1989