Chariot Royal (30)
Origin and History
The ship was built by Pierre Chaillé at Le Havre, starting in 1748, and launched on September 19 1749.
The ship does not seem to have been incorporated in the Brisish Navy after her capture in June 1756.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- no information found yet
Service during the War
In June 1756, the ship was captured by two vessels of the British Navy while carrying stores to Louisbourg.
|Guns||30 (armed in flûte)
|Length||149 ft 2 in (45.475 m)|
|Width||31 ft 11 in (9.74 m)|
|Depth||14 ft (4.28 m)|
Clowes, Wm. Laird, The Royal Navy – A History from the Earliest Time to the Present, Vol. III, Sampson Low, Marston and Company, London: 1898, p. 293
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco, 3 Decks