Origin and History
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was commanded by:
- 1761: von Estorff
Service during the War
Militia duties around Diepholz.
|Coat||red with 2 buttonholes under the lapels
|Waistcoat||white with 2 horizontal pockets, each with 3 pewter buttons|
Troopers were armed with a musket and carried a dark brown haversack with a metal canteen on the left hip.
Officers had gold lace lining the cuffs and lapels, a black cockade hat, a gold gorget with the arms of Hanover in the centre and carried a yellow sash slung over the right shoulder.
Sergeants wore straw gloves. Partizans were carried.
Drummers wore a red coat with swallows nest and lace in yellow.
The drum pattern had hoops red and white alternating diagonal stripes, white drum cords over a brass drum with the Arms of Hanover in the centre.
Colonel flag was white with King George cipher "GR" in the centre surmounted by a crown and with the battalion number below the cipher.
Regimental flag was red with the white horse of Hanover in the centre surmounted by a scroll wearing the motto "NEC ASPERA TERRENT" and with the battalion number below the horse.
Gmundener Prachtwerk, circa 1760
Pengel & Hurt, German States in the Seven Years War 1740 to 1762, Imperial Press