File:1757 Battle of Gross-Jägersdorf 6am.jpg
Map of the Battle of Battle of Gross-Jägersdorf fought on August 30 1757. Situation at 6:00 a.m.
Detail of a map of the book "Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen", vol. III Der Siebenjährige Krieg: 1756 - 1763, published by the Grosser Generalstab, Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II., Berlin 1901-1913
Blue dotted lines = Movements of the Prussians until 3:30 a.m.
Blue dashed lines = Movements of the Prussians from 4:30 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
A (blue hollow boxes) = Prussian units on the march around 1:00 a.m.
B (blue shaded boxes) = Positions of the Prussian army until 4:30 a.m.
C (solid blue boxes) = Positions of Prussian units during the initial combat at 6:00 a.m.
- C1 = Cavalry of the right wing under Major-General Prince von Holstein
- C2 = Battery on the right wing
- C3 = Infantry right wing and infantry
- C4 = Infantry left wing with a battery in the middle
- C5 = Battery on the left wing
- C6 = First attack of the cavalry left wing led bu Lieutenant-General Schorlemer
Red dashed lines = Movements of the Russians until 6:00 a.m.
A (red hatched area) = Russian camp
B1 = Beginning of the march of the avant-garde at 4:00 a.m.
B2 = Outposts occupied by Leontiev<s Brigade which was part of the Third Division (Browne)
B3 = 1st Field artillery brigade of the 1st Division (Fermor) near the outposts
B4 = Hussars near the outposts
B5 = 2nd Moscowskiy Infantry with 2 mortars and 2 field guns in the outposts
B6 = Russian Horse Grenadiers and Hussars along with irregular units near Sittenfeldt
C (solid red boxes) = Positions of Rrussian units during the initial combat at 6:00 a.m.
- C1 = Right wing
- C2 = 1 Field artillery brigade of the 1st Division (Fermor) retiring on its division
- C3 = 2nd Field artillery brigade of the 3rd Division advancing
- C4 = Rumyantsev's Brigade of the 1st Division kept in reserve behind the forest
- C5 = Part of the army leaving the camp
- C6 = Saltykov's Brigade of the 1st Division advanced through the forest
- C7 = 2nd Division (Lopushin) deploying at the edge of the forest
- C8 = Avant-garde approaching Sittenfeldt and wheeling right to face the advancing cavalry
Tony Flores for the scanning of the image.
Copyright Tony Flores
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:09, 24 July 2016||1,214 × 1,194 (366 KB)||RCouture||Map of the Battle of Battle of Gross-Jägersdorf fought on August 30 1757. Situation at 6:00 a.m. Detail of a map of the book "Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen''", vol. III ''Der Siebenjährige Krieg: 1756 - 1763'', published by the Grosser Generalstab,...|
- You cannot overwrite this file.