Origin and History
This ship of the line was built by F. Coulomb in Toulon (France) in 1749. She was launched in the same year.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- 1756: M. de Beaumont
The ship was striken off of the fleet in 1779.
Service during the War
In 1756, the ship participated to the amphibious expedition against Minorca. On May 20, she took part to the battle of Minorca against admiral Byng's squadron where a French fleet prevented him to bring reinforcement to Fort St. Philip de Mahon.
|Length||141 feet (42.98 m)|
|Width||38.4 feet (11.70 m)|
|Depth||17.1 feet (5.21 m)|
|Displacement||900 tons (816 metric tons)|
Anonymous, A Complete History of the Present War, from its Commencement in 1756, to the End of the Campaign, 1760, London, 1761
Fortescue J. W., A History of the British Army Vol. II, MacMillan, London, 1899, pp. 291-295
Pajol, Charles P. V., Les Guerres sous Louis XV, vol. VI, Paris, 1891, pp. 3-19
Unknown author, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780