Origin and History
The regiment was raised on March 25 1757 by the comte de Horion.
This regiment counted 2 battalions.
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment ranked 121st and was under the command of:
- since March 25 1757 until November 25 1762: comte de Horion
The regiment was disbanded in 1762.
Service during the War
By August 1 1757, the regiment was garrisoning Philippeville in Hainault.
At the beginning of August 1758, the regiment formed part of the French force defending Cherbourg during the second British expedition against the French Coasts. It garrisoned the town along with Clare Infanterie.
To do: campaigns from 1758 to 1762
|Coat||blue lined red
|Waistcoat||red with 12 yellow buttons and, on each side, 12 yellow buttonholes; horizontal pockets, each with 3 yellow buttons and 3 yellow buttonholes|
|Breeches||blue (as per Taccoli) or red (as per Raspe)|
Armaments consisted of a musket and a bayonet. Fusiliers carried a sword (brass hilt) while the grenadiers had a sabre.
Officers wore uniform quite similar to those of the privates with the following differences:
- gold laced tricorne
- golden buttonholes
- a black and silver sash around the waist
- no turnbacks
- a wooden cane
no information found
The colonel flag of the regiment was white with a white cross. Ordonnance flags had a white cross carrying a golden columns on a pedestal.
The article incorporates texts from the following books which are now in the public domain:
- Pajol, Charles P. V., Les Guerres sous Louis XV, vol. VII, Paris, 1891, p. 212
Funcken, Liliane et Fred; Les uniformes de la guerre en dentelle
Menguy, Patrice; Les Sujets du Bien Aimé
Raspe, Gabriel Nicolas, Recueil de toutes les troupes qui forment les armées françoises, Nuremberg 1761
Rogge, Christian; The French & Allied Armies in Germany during the Seven Years War, Frankfurt, 2006
Service Historique de l'armée de terre, Sommaire des forces armées Françaises à l'intérieur et à l'extérieur de la France - 1er Août 1757
Taccoli, Alfonso; Teatro Militare dell' Europa, Part I, Vol. II, Madrid, 1760
Vial J. L.; Nec Pluribus Impar