Origin and History
The ship was built by A. Sutherland (А. Сютерланд) at the Solombalskaya dockyard in Archangelsk. Her keel was laid down on August 11 1741 (July 31 old style, abbreviated O.S. in this article). She was launched on May 16 1743 (May 5 O.S.). She was attached to the Fleet of the Baltic Sea.
Since 1747, the ship was out of active service.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- no commander (the ship being out of active service)
The ship was broken up in 1759 in Kronshtadt.
Service during the War
The ship was out of active service since 1747 and was broken up in Kronshtadt in 1759.
The design of most Russian ships of the line of this period still adhered tightly to the Shipbuilding Regulations issued by Peter the Great in 1723.
|Crew||no information found|
|Length at keel||37.95 m (124' 6”)|
|Length at gun deck||47.40 m (155' 6”)|
|Width||12.65 m (41' 6”)|
|Depth in Hold||5.48 m (18')|
|Displacement||approx. 1,200 metric tons|
Ministry of the Sea - Material for the History of the Russian Navy, vol 10, St. Petersburg, 1883 in a collection of 17 volumes published from 1865 to 1904
Veselago, Fedosey Fedorovich: List of Russian Naval Vessels from 1668 to 1869, St. Petersburg: Ministry of the Sea, 1872
Shirokorad, A. B.: 200 лет парусного флота (200 years of Sailing Fleet)
Roman Shlygin for the initial version of this article