Origin and History
Built by J.L. Coulomb in 1745 in Brest. Launched in 1746.
Commanded by M. de Lorgeril in 1755.
Captured by the British Navy in 1755.
Service during the War
In 1755, the ship took part to the expedition to reinforce Canada in 1755. For this campaign, she was armed as a "flute", her armament being reduced to 22 guns. She transported 4 companies of La Reine Infanterie and 4 companies of Languedoc Infanterie. She was captured on the Newfoundland Banks by the British Fleet of vice-admiral Boscawen on June 8 1755.
|Length||146 feet (47.42 m) French feet|
|Width||40 feet (12.99 m)|
|Depth||19 feet (6.17 m)|
Deschênes, Ronald, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar