Origin and History
The frigate was built at Rochefort, starting in February 1751, and launched in January 1752.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- from May 23, 1754: Captain Louis Guillouet, Comte d'Orvilliers
- in 1756: Captain de Callian
On June 21, 1757, the frigate was scuttled and burnt at Majorca.
Service during the War
In 1756, the frigate participated to the amphibious expedition against Minorca. On May 20, she took part to the battle of Minorca against admiral Byng's squadron where a French fleet prevented him to bring reinforcement to Fort St. Philip in Mahon.
On June 21, 1757, the frigate was scuttled and burnt at Majorca to avoid capture by the Hampton Court (64).
|Length||121 ft 6 in (37.03 m)|
|Width||30 ft 11 in (9.45 m)|
|Depth||16 ft (4.90 m)|
Anonymous: A Complete History of the Present War, from its Commencement in 1756, to the End of the Campaign, 1760, London, 1761
Clowes, Wm. Laird: The Royal Navy – A History from the Earliest Time to the Present, Vol. III, Sampson Low, Marston and Company, London: 1898, p. 295
Duc de Castries: Le Maréchal de Castries (1727-1800), Flammarion, 1956
Fortescue, J. W.; A History of the British Army Vol. II, MacMillan, London, 1899, pp. 291-295
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco: 3 Decks
Pajol, Charles P. V.: Les Guerres sous Louis XV, vol. VI, Paris, 1891, pp. 3-19