Palatine Leibgarde zu Pferd
Origin and History
The unit already existed in 1711. By 1745, the unit consisted of a single company of 100 men.
Service during the War
The unit remained in Palatinate and did not take part in the war.
|Headgear||black tricorne laced silver with blue within white pompoms and a black cockade|
|Coat||blue coat with 3 brass buttons under the lapels and 1 in the small of the back
|Waistcoat||straw edged red and laced and silver|
Troopers were armed with a straight bladed sabre (brass hilt), a carbine and 2 pistols
The officers wore the same uniform with the following exceptions:
- gold laced tricorne
- no collar on the coat
- golden buttons, laces and epaulets
- white and blue striped sash (silver and blue for staff officers)
- white and blue sword frog (silver and blue for staff officers)
- a golden epaulette on the right shoulder
- re waistcoat edged gold with gold buttons
- red breeches
- black cane
The trumpeters probably had silver trumpets decorated with silver cords and tassels.
no information found yet
Bezel, Oskar; Geschichte des Kurpfälzischen Heeres ..., Bayrisches Kriegsarchiv, München, 1925
Pengel, R.D. And G. R. Hurt; Bavaria, Saxony & the Palatinate Supplement: Uniforms and Flags of the Senen Years War, Hopewell: On Military Matters, 1981
rf-figuren for the initial version of this article.