Origin and History
The regiment was raised on November 15 1707.
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was under the command of:
- in 1762: Henrique Garcês Palha
The regiment was disbanded on December 22 1807 and its troops incorporated into the 1st Cavalry Regiment.
Service during the War
During the campaign of 1762, the regiment was attached to the main Anglo-Portuguese army where its 3 troops were deployed in the first line of cavalry of the left wing.
No information found yet.
The exact pattern of the Portuguese colonel colours during the Seven Years' War is unknown.
The ordonnance colours were chosen by the colonel of the regiment. For the moment, we have found no source depicting specific colours for this regiment.
Amaral, Manuel, O Exértico Português em finais do Antiguo Regime
Kirby, Mike, The Portuguese Army - Seven Years War, Seven Years War Association Journal, Vol. XII No. 3
Pereira Sales, Ernesto Augusto; O Conde de Lippe em Portugal, Vila Nova de Famalicao: Publicacoes da Comissao de Historia Militar, 1936
Ribeiro Rodrigues, Manuel A.; 300 Anos de Uniformes Militares do Exército de Portugal 1660-1960, Exército Portugués and Sociedade Historica da Independéncia de Portugal, 1998
Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues and Joseph O'Neill for the information and counselling provided for this article.