Origin and History
The frigate was built by Robert Carter at Limehouse and launched on May 30 1747 as a 40-gun ship.
In July 1762, the frigate was converted to a 44-gun ship.
During the Seven Years' War, the frigate was under the command of:
- in 1759: captain Christopher Basset
- from 1760: captain Richard Gwynne
- from July 1762: captain Mark Robinson
In 1783, the frigate was put out of commission and then served as a hulk at Woolwich.
The frigate was sold in 1802.
Service during the War
In 1760, the frigate returned to the Mediterranean.
In 1762, the frigate served in the Channel.
|Length at gundeck||n/a|
Blasco, Manuel, British 5th Rates, 3 Decks Wiki
Phillips, M., Michael Phillip's Ships of the Old Navy
N.B.: the section Service during the War is mostly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.