Origin and History
The frigate was built by P. G. Kachalov at the Solombalskaya dockyard in Archangelsk. The keel was laid down on October 11 (September 30 O.S. old style) 1745. The frigate was launched on June 1 (May 21 O.S.) 1746. It was attached to the Fleet of the Baltic Sea.
During the Seven Years' War, the frigate was under the command of:
- in 1757: Captain G. Karandeev (Г. Карандеев)
- in 1758: Captain G. A. Nechaev (Г.А. Нечаев)
The frigate was broken up in Kronshtadt in 1760.
Service during the War
From May to September 1757, the frigate was a part of Captain 3rd Rank A. Valrond's (А. Валронд) squadron which blockaded Memel. During this period, the frigate sometimes cruised separately from her squadron. From July 3 to 5 (June 22 to 24 O.S.) she took part with her squadron in the bombardment of the Fortress of Memel.
From June to September 1758, the frigate was a part of fleet which sailed to Amager Island to blockade the Øresund and thus prevent any intervention of the British Navy.
From 1759, the frigate was out of service.
The design of most Russian frigates of this period still adhered tightly to the Shipbuilding Regulations issued by Peter the Great in 1723.
|Length at keel||28.80 m (94' 6")|
|Length at gun deck||35.97 m (118')|
|Width||9.60 m (31' 6”)|
|Depth in Hold||4.27 m (14')|
|Displacement||no information found yet|
Ministry of the Sea - Material for the History of the Russian Navy, vol 10, St. Petersburg, 1883 in a collection of 17 volumes published from 1865 to 1904
Veselago, Fedosey Fedorovich: List of Russian Naval Vessels from 1668 to 1869, St. Petersburg: Ministry of the Sea, 1872
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco, Three Decks - Warships in the Age of Sail
Shirokorad, A. B.: 200 лет парусного флота (200 Years of Sailing Fleet)
Roman Shlygin for the initial version of this article