Svyataya Ekaterina (80)
Origin and History
The ship was built by A. Sutherland (А. Сютерланд) at the Admiralty shipyard in St. Petersburg. The keel was laid down on December 27, 1758 (December 16 old style, abbreviated O.S. in this article). She was launched on May 17, 1762 (May 6 O.S.). She was attached to the Fleet of the Baltic Sea.
Initially the ship was named "Prince George", but when Catherine II acceded to the throne she renamed her "Svyataya Ekaterina" (St. Catherine).
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of: in 1762: no information found yet
The ship was written off of the fleet in 1773.
Service during the War
|Crew||no information found yet|
|Length at gun deck||51.51 m (169')|
|Width||14.12 m (46' 4”)|
|Depth in Hold||6.27 m (20' 7”)|
|Displacement||no information found yet|
(*) nominal number of guns
Roman Shlygin for the initial version of this article