Svyataya Ekaterina (80)
Origin and History
The ship was built by A. Sutherland (А. Сютерланд) at the Admiralty shipyard in St. Petersburg. The keel was laid down on December 27, 1758 (December 16 old style, abbreviated O.S. in this article). She was launched on May 17, 1762 (May 6 O.S.). She was attached to the Fleet of the Baltic Sea.
Initially the ship was named "Prince George", but when Catherine II acceded to the throne she renamed her "Svyataya Ekaterina" (St. Catherine).
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of: in 1762: no information found yet
The ship was written off of the fleet in 1773.
Service during the War
|Crew||no information found yet|
|Length at gun deck||51.51 m (169')|
|Width||14.12 m (46' 4”)|
|Depth in Hold||6.27 m (20' 7”)|
|Displacement||no information found yet|
(*) nominal number of guns
Ministry of the Sea - Material for the History of the Russian Navy, vol 10, St. Petersburg, 1883 in a collection of 17 volumes published from 1865 to 1904
Veselago, Fedosey Fedorovich: List of Russian Naval Vessels from 1668 to 1869, St. Petersburg: Ministry of the Sea, 1872
Roman Shlygin for the initial version of this article