Origin and History
This Swedish frigate was built by Daniel Friese at the Skeppsholmen shipyard near Stockholm. She was launched in 1738.
On October 5 1742 (September 24 O.S.), the frigate took refuge in the harbour of Revel during a storm and was captured by the Russian Navy.
During the Seven Years' War, the frigate was under the command of:
- in 1756: Captain S. L. Kuzmishev (С. Л. Кузмищев)
- in 1757: Captain E. Rodichev (Е. Родичев)
- in 1758: Captain S. Volotskoy (С. Волоцкой)
- in 1759: Captain P. P. Klement'ev (П. П. Клементьев)
- in 1760: Captain N. V. Tolbuzin (Н.В. Толбузин)
- in 1761: Captain N. A. Goryainov (Н .А. Горяинов)
- in 1762: Captain P. P. Fondezin (П. П. Фондезин)
- in 1763: Captain P. K. Krenitsyn (П. К. Креницын)
The frigate was broken up in Kronshtadt in 1773.
Service during the War
During the Seven Years' War, the frigate served as a fire watch vessel at Kronshtadt.
|Guns||24 (following breakdown represents guns allocation when the frigate was part of the Swedish Navy)
|Crew||no information found yet|
|Length at keel||no information found yet|
|Length at gun deck||no information found yet|
|Width||no information found yet|
|Depth in Hold||no information found yet|
|Displacement||330 tons burthen|
Ministry of the Sea - Material for the History of the Russian Navy, vol 10, St. Petersburg, 1883 in a collection of 17 volumes published from 1865 to 1904
Veselago, Fedosey Fedorovich: List of Russian Naval Vessels from 1668 to 1869, St. Petersburg: Ministry of the Sea, 1872
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco, Three Decks - Warships in the Age of Sail
Shirokorad, A. B.: 200 лет парусного флота (200 Years of Sailing Fleet)
Roman Shlygin for the initial version of this article