1703 – Campaign in Northern Italy – Imperialist OOB Piedmont January 1704
At the end of January 1704, the Imperialist corps under the command of FZM Count Guido Starhemberg took up its winter-quarters between the Sesia River, the Elvo stream, the Dora Baltea River and the Po. This corps was quartered as follows:
- Major-General Vaubonne’s Brigade
- Major-General Visconti’s Brigade
- FML Daun’s Brigade
- Major-General Fels
The Imperial artillery took up its quarters in Desana and the headquarters were established at Trino. The Bagosy Hayducken (2 bns) and the Ebergényi Hussars (2 sqns) defended the fortified place of Villanova. Regal Infantry (2 bns) remained in Verrua as garrison.
Abtheilung für Kriegsgeschichte des k. k. Kriegs-Archives: Feldzüge des Prinzen Eugen von Savoyen, Series 1, Vol. 6, 1879, pp. 211-212, 217