Browne de Camus Infantry

From Project WSS
Jump to navigationJump to search

Hierarchical Path: War of the Spanish Succession (Main Page) >> Armies >> Austrian Army >> Browne de Camus Infantry

Origin and History

The regiment was raised according to a patent issued on 28 December 1710 by Georg, Baron Browne de Camus. It consisted of ten companies contributed by the ten Austrian regiment stationed in Italy.

The successive proprietors of the regiment during the War of the Spanish Succession were:

  • from 28 December 1710 to 1712: Georg, Baron Browne de Camus

The successive effective commanders of the regiment during the War of the Spanish Succession were:

  • from 28 December 1710: Lieutenant-Colonel Heinrich Friedrich Andrimont

The regiment was disbanded in 1712 and its soldiers distributed among other Austrian regiments operating in Spain.

Service during the War

Early in 1711, the new regiment was transported aboard ships from Italy to Spain, but it did not take part in any major action.

In 1712, the regiment was disbanded and its soldiers distributed among other Austrian infantry regiments (Osnabrück, Gschwind, Guido Starhemberg, Reventlau and Eckh) operating in Spain.

Uniform

no information found yet

Colors

no information found yet

References

Acknowledgments

Harald Skala for the initial version of this article