Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 3 September 1702 by N. de Doigny.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by:
- from 3 September 1702: N. de Doigny
- from 30 April 1704: François-Édouard Jubert, Marquis Du Thil (mortally wounded in the combat of Arleux in 1711)
- from July 1711 to 1714: N. Du Thil (son of the former colonel)
The regiment was disbanded in 1714.
Service during the War
In 1703, the regiment joined the Army of Flanders.
In 1708, the regiment took part in the defence of Lille.
In July and August 1710, the regiment took part in the defence of Béthune.
In 1711, the regiment took part in the combat of Arleux, where its colonel was mortally wounded.
This article incorporates texts from the following books, which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, p. 307