Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 7 May 1702 by Louis-Athanase de Puechpeyrou, Comte de Guittaud.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by
- from 7 May 1702: Louis-Athanase de Puechpeyrou, Comte de Guittaud
- from 25 August 1706 to 17 January 1714: Louis-Guillaume-Victor, Comte de Marloup de Charnailles.
On 17 January 1714, the regiment was incorporated in Poitou Infanterie.
Service during the War
In 1702, the regiment joined the Army of the Rhine.
In August and September 1703, the regiment took part in the Siege of Alt-Breisach. After the capitulation of the place, it formed part of the garrison of the place.
In 1705, the regiment was transferred to the Army of the Alps.
In 1706, it returned to the Rhine where it was posted in the Lines of the Lauter until the end of the war.
This article incorporates texts from the following books which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, p. 295