La Cru Infanterie
Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 20 March 1702 by N. de La Cru.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by
- from 20 March 1702: N. de La Cru
- from 1705: unknown (Susane gives N. Riquet de Caraman but this seems unlikely)
- from 1711 to 1714: unknown (Susane gives Anne Bretagne, Marquis de Lannion but this is impossible since he raised his own regiment on 23 July 1702 and later received the colonelcy of Saintonge Infanterie, which he assumed until 1719)
The regiment was disbanded in 1714.
Service during the War
In 1702, the regiment joined the Army of Flanders.
Throughout the war, the regiment garrisoned various places.
This article incorporates texts from the following books which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, p. 294