La Feuillade Infanterie
Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 1 January 1704 by Louis d'Aubusson, Duc de La Feuillade.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by:
- from 1 January 1704: Louis d'Aubusson, Duc de La Feuillade
- from February 1708: N. de Mancini
- from 16 May 1709: Louis de Clermont-Tonnerre, Marquis de Chastes
- from 15 April 1710 to 1714: N. de Clermont-Montoison
The regiment was disbanded in 1714.
Service during the War
In 1705, the regiment took part in the conquest of the County of Nice.
In 1707, the regiment served in the Alps.
This article incorporates texts from the following books, which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, pp. 311–312