From Project WSS
You are here: War of the Spanish Succession (Main Page) >> Links
- Anne S. K. Brown Military Collection
- an ambitious multi-year endeavor to digitize the 15,000 individual prints, drawings, and watercolors of the collection
- British Army Lineages
- this blog aims at discussing all aspects related to the lineages of the regiments and corps of the British Army; the more specific aim is to focus on the earlier period of the British Army, from the Restoration until death of Queen Anne in 1714 being the last Stuart monarch.
- European Heraldry
- a rapidly expanding collection of heraldic art in Europe throughout the early years of the 17th century to the present day. Wonderful illustrations!
- Grosser Generalstab
- a website offering a great quantity of uniform plates
- Uniformenkunde by Richard Knötel: wonderful, wonderful (did I say wonderful?)
- The League of Augsburg (blog)
- this blog cover a wide range of conflicts from the Glorious Revolution to the Great Northern War and the War of the Spanish Succession
- Michael Phillip's Ships of the Old Navy
- a complete coverage of the ships of the British Royal Navy from the mid 18th century to about 1840 - the last half century of the sailing warship.
- Nafziger Collection of Orders of Battle
- orders of battle from 1600 to 1945 with over 7000 individual pdf files
- Nec Pluribus Impar
- a very comprehensive French web magazine about the history, wars and armies of the 17th and 18th centuries (some articles available in English).
- several interesting articles on battles and sieges of the War of the Spanish Succession, this website is complemented by the blog Papersoldiers Journal
- The Spanish Succession
- This site is called the Spanish Succession. It's about the years 1700 till 1715, a time dominated by the War of the Spanish Succession. This era can be viewed from many perspectives. The goal of this site is to make this possible by providing a lot of background information and some good articles. The latter tend to go back to the primary source and to be verifiable by providing direct links to this source.
- Todo a Babor
- a wonderful Spanish source of information on the age of sail
- Three Decks - Warships in the Age of Sail
- an impressive collection of naval data from the age of sailing ships (at the moment of writing these lines, this knowledge base counted 14,867 ships, 19,619 seamen, 410 actions/battles)
- Vexillologie militaire européenne
- A French website with lots and lots of great flags for various periods (mostly French but some other nations are also covered)
- Vinkhuijzen Collection of Military Costume Illustration
- nearly 20,000 prints, drawings, watercolors, and printed book and magazine illustrations of military costume as well as military medals, regalia, insignia, coats of arms, and regimental flags, from most times and places except the United States
The following sites offer a great quantity of historical maps.
- Cartographic Collection of the National Library of Latvia
- an important collection of old map of Lithuania, Livonia, Poland, Prussia, Russia, Scandinavia, etc.
- Digitalisierungsprojekt Wilhelmshöher Kriegskarten (WHK)
- a great collection of maps from the XVIIIth century from the digital archives of Marburg
- Historic Cities
- maps, literature, documents, books and other relevant material concerning the past, present and future of historic cities and facilitates the location of similar content on the web
- Musée des Plans-Reliefs
- adjoining the Musée de l'Armée in Paris, this museum offers a wide collection a maps and dioramas of French fortified cities
- Ryhiner Map Collection
- one of the most valuable and outstanding map collections of the world: more than 16,000 maps, charts, plans and views from the 16th to the 18th century, covering the whole globe
- Statens Arkiv - Utländska stad- och fästningsplaner
- a large collection of maps of foreign towns and fortresses published by the Swedish State Archive
- Klio Deutsche Gesellschaft der Freunde und Sammler kulturhistorischer Zinnfiguren e. V.
- KLIO Baden-Württemberg e.V.
- Vereinigung Freie Zinnfigurensammler e.V.
- Zinnfigurenfreunde Leipzig e.V.
- Wikipedia - War of the Spanish Succession
- the entry point to numerous Wikipedia articles related to this conflict
- A cova do Trasno
- miniature figurines of various periods including of course the Seven Years War.
- Adventures in Miniature Gaming
- an exciting trip through the world of miniature gaming.
- wargaming in various periods
- Gaming with Chuck
- musings and meanderings concerning the many gaming activities in the land of chuck.
- Obscure Battles
- detailed and lively descriptions of battles such as Blenheim, and outstanding maps and diagrams
- a blog on 6mm and 10mm 18th century wargaming with lots of pictures taken at the German Army Museum in Berlin
- Wargame Amateur
- mostly 18th century, plus coverage of unusual theatres of operation