Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 21 May 1702 by N. Chevalier de Saint-Simon.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by
- from 21 May 1702: N. Chevalier de Saint-Simon
- from 30 January 1705: Philippe-Auguste, Comte de Voluire
- from 28 May 1708: N. d’Angennes
- from 27 January 1711 to 1714: Chevalier de Varennes-Kergoson
The regiment was disbanded in 1714.
Service during the War
Throughout the war, the regiment served on the coasts of Bretagne.
This article incorporates texts from the following books which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, p. 299