Origin and History
The regiment was raised on 9 January 1702 by Robert de Bouex de Villemort.
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the regiment was commanded by
- from 9 January 1702: Robert de Bouex de Villemort
On 31 December 1713, the regiment was incorporated in Picardie Infanterie.
Service during the War
In 1702, the regiment joined the Army of Flanders.
In 1705, the regiment was transferred to the Moselle.
In 1707, the regiment returned to Flanders.
From August to December 1708, the regiment took part in the defence of Lille.
From July to September 1709, the regiment took part in the defence of Tournai.
This article incorporates texts from the following books, which are now in the public domain:
- Susane, Louis: Histoire de l'ancienne infanterie française, J. Corréard, Paris, 1849-1856, Tome 8, p. 292