File:Attempt on Lippstadt.jpg
Original file (388 × 644 pixels, file size: 42 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Sketch by the comte de Melfort of the engagement of Lippstadt.
1. Lipperode, a village 30 minutes from Lippstadt.
2. Drawbridge on a brook where a piquet of dragoons was placed.
3. French piquet of cavalry of the Volontaires to cover the right flank of the village.
4. French infantry piquet to cover the right flank of the cavalry column.
5. Hanoverian jägers firing at the head of the column.
6. French dismounted piquet of dragoons exchanging fire with the jägers.
7. French cavalry column ready to debouch.
8. French dragoons positioned to support the cavalry.
9. Retreat of the Hanoverian jäger unit on the right and left.
10. French Infantry positioned to support the skirmishers of the infantry as well as of the cavalry.
11. French skirmishers.
12. Hanoverian skirmishers.
13. Marshy terrain.
14. Hanoverian troops.
15. Road to Münster.
+. Place where the conference took place.
Courtesy of Philippe Évrard (Praetiriti Fides)
This image (or other media file) is in the public domain because its author died more than 100 years ago. Its copyright has thus expired.
This applies to the United States, Canada, the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years.
Thus, this reproduction of the work is also in the public domain. This applies to reproductions created in the United States (see Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp.), in Germany, and in many other countries.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||16:34, 27 December 2014||388 × 644 (42 KB)||RCouture||Sketch by the comte de Melfort of the engagement of Lippstadt. 1. Lipperode, a village 30 minutes from Lippstadt.<br/> 2. Drawbridge on a brook where a piquet of dragoons was placed.<br/> 3. French piquet of cavalry of the Volontaires to cover the rig...|