Hanoverian Garrison 2nd Bn
Origin and History
This garrison battalion was raised in 1756-57.
The battalion was disbanded in 1763.
Service during the War
Throughout the war, the battalion garrisoned Nienburg.
|Coat||red with 2 pewter buttons under the lapels
|Waistcoat||red horizontal pockets, each with 2 pewter buttons|
Troopers were armed with a musket and carried a dark brown haversack with a metal canteen on the left hip.
Officers had silver lace lining the cuffs and lapels, a black cockade hat, a gold gorget with the arms of Hanover in the centre and carried a yellow sash slung over the right shoulder.
Sergeants wore straw gloves. Partizans were carried.
Drummers wore a red coat with swallows nest and lace in white.
The drum pattern had red hoops and white drum cords over a brass drum with the Arms of Hanover in the centre.
The colours are unknown but it is likely that in keeping with the rest of the infantry that the Colonel's Flag was a white field bearing the arms of Hanover.
Regimental Flag: unknown.
German Wikipedia - Liste der Kur-braunschweigisch-lüneburgischen Regimenter
Niemeyer Joachim, Ortenburg Georg, The Hanoverian Army during the Seven Years War
Pengel & Hurt, German States in the Seven Years War 1740 to 1762, Imperial Press
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar